Digital book collections for Woodbridge Public Library users
eBooks on EbscoHost
Digital Books : A User's Guide
Welcome to Woodbridge Public Library's Digital Book Collections
The information here is designed to help you get ebooks and downloadable audiobooks onto your devices as easily as possible. For step-by-step instructions for any given electronic device, check the Device Guides chart below and find your device. The columns to the right will indicate which collections offered by the Woodbridge Public Library (eLibraryNJ from OverDrive and EbscoHost eBook Collection) are compatible with each device and link to print and video instructions. For devices that use the OverDrive Media App, there are additional instructions detailing how to configure the app to browse ebooks and downloadable audiobooks offered by the Woodbridge Public Library. Instructions are available as well for using your library account to access digital books from eLibraryNJ.com.
- To access digital books through the Woodbridge Public Library you must have a current (non-expired) library card. If you don't have a library card or it is expired you can find information about registering for or renewing a library account here.
- You do not need to come to the library to either select or return an ebook or downloadable audio book. Everything can be accomplished remotely.
- You may check-out up to five items at one time from eLibraryNJ. That includes both ebooks and downloadable audiobooks.
- The loan periods from eLibraryNJ vary, but most items can be checked out for up to 21 days. You can change the default loan period between 1-3 weeks from your settings page in your eLibraryNJ account. The loan period from EbscoHost eBook Collection is up to 7 days (you can choose a shorter time, however, when downloading the title).
- There are no fines for digital books of any kind; when the loan period is over the file expires and the material is automatically checked back in.
- You may put items on hold or reserve. When the requested title is available you will be sent an email. You will have three days to download your reserved title, otherwise it will go to the next person waiting for it.
- If you are browsing eLibraryNJ from OverDrive using the OverDrive Media Console app for a mobile device, be aware that you won't have access to audiobooks that are only available in WMA format. WMA is a Microsoft-specific audio file and cannot be accessed on other systems.
If you are having trouble with your device and the Device Guides are not helping you can try the following:
- Search for your problem at OverDrive Help. OverDrive Help has many great articles that list step-by-step instructions for fixing a number of different problems.
- Contact the reference staff at 732-634-4450 ext. 7120 during library hours. We'll do our best to help you solve the issue. Even better: drop by with your device!
- Email us at our eLibraryNJ support email. You can find it under Woodbridge Public Library on this page. If we can't find an answer we'll contact OverDrive Support on your behalf.
What to do if files are not downloading in OverDrive's mobile app for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)
Most of the suggestions will work on Android devices as well, but settings might be found in a different location than suggested in the article.
How do I return my books?
Returning books works differently in the Next Generation Experience. OverDrive has instructions on returning titles from several different devices. NOTE: WMA-format audiobooks cannot be returned early.