- Municipal Court
- Complaint Procedures
- How to File A Complaint
How to File A Complaint
- Complaints are taken in Woodbridge Municipal Court Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 P.M.
- You must complete a Citizen's Complaint form; either the print version (PDF) or online version.
- You must provide the name and address of the person you are charging.
- You must state what offense you want to charge the person with.
- If you are charging the person with an indictable offense, the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office requires that you file a report with the Police Department before filing a complaint.
- If you are charging the person with issuing a bad check to you or your company, you must first send a certified, return-receipt requested letter to the person. This must done before you file a complaint.
- Once you complete the Citizen's Complaint form, the Court Administrator will enter the information to the State Automated Computer System (ACS). She will print out the complaint, ask you to review it and sign it.
- It is important to note that when you sign the complaint you are in fact swearing that the information you have provided to the Municipal Court is true and accurate and that what has been typed on the complaint is correct. If it is not, do not sign it. Bring the inaccuracy to the attention of the Court Administrator.
- You must appear in Court after you file the complaint. In most cases, the Court Administrator will give you a copy of the complaint at the time you file it. The Court date and time will be printed on the complaint.
- You may bring witnesses or evidence into Court at the time of your court date if you believe they would be beneficial to proving your case.