If A Complaint Is Filed Against You

What to Do If You Receive a Complaint Against You

  • You must appear in Court at the time of the Court date. You will find your court date on the green copy of the complaint or on a separate notice mailed to you by the Court. If you have any questions regarding your Court date you should contact the Court at 732-636-6430. Failure to appear in Court will result in a Bench warrant being issued for your arrest.
  • While it is not mandatory, you may hire an attorney to appear with you in Court. If you want to have an attorney represent you in Court but cannot afford to hire one, you may file an application for the Public Defender.
  • You may bring witnesses and evidence with you into Court if you believe they would be beneficial to your defense.